Saturday, June 30, 2012

Banana Bread

Baking With Kids

This week my daughter, Elle, and I made Banana Bread. We had such a great time. She loves cracking eggs and helping mix the dough. The bread turned out great, I didn't have time to take a picture of it because it was quickly gobbled up.

Banana Bread

1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/3 cup sour milk - I didn't have sour milk so I used 1/3 cup milk with a dollop of sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly greast an 8x4 inch loaf pan.

Combine sugar, butter, bananas, eggs, flour, baking soda, milk, salt, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl; beat well. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake in a preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. (My bread had to bake for 75 minutes).

Basic Recipe was taken from www.allrecipes.com. I personalized it and added some of my own spices.

What is your favorite bread recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment